American University of Nigeria
American University of Nigeria Employee Review

Productive and fun work place, place to make a difference in the lives of children, and community

June 28, 2015
A typical day at work, would involve reviewing up coming events, organising, the necessary vendors, drafting and sending invites to dignitaries and guests. Creating surveys, for pre and post events, analysing old surveys. Having team meetings etc.

I learned different management skills, how to set up various targeted events, working closely with various institutions and stakeholders. Work as a team, effectively communicate what had to be done. Effective time utilization etc.

The management was efficient and goal focused.

Co-workers were pleasant willing to learn and teach.

Dealing with extreme challenges that we were able to over come, like mobilization of resources and logistics, working with no electricity, or poor tools and equipment. The end justifies the means. As long as it all comes out successfully, I try not to focus on the the difficulties but more on what could be done better,

The joy from success. The thank you and most off all the process, The problem solving process, to get the job done, working with students staff, vendors, co-workers etc Teaching staff and people new or efficient ways of doing things etc.
November 1, 2019
Same location
A research oriented laboratory that has been in existence for a number of years now and has been an answer to some science questions that some many ask
February 3, 2019
Same location
Doing their best, good place to work and the pay is good. is a developing university in Nigeria. One of the best private schools where you have the children of who is who in Nigeria.
Pros
Free housing, internet etc
Cons
workload
October 15, 2018
It is a community the gather different people from different part of the world. My department work as a team and no discrimination among us. We always solve network issue together and we always encourage ourselves on the job.

Their was a particular day one of our colleague had and accident on his way to office we all left the office to be with him at the hospital and this shows the love among us as a colleague.

Also, the management are very caring and very concern about staff welfare.

The hardest part of the job is troubleshooting of the network especially when their is an issue with an active device which need to be brought back into production with minimum downtime.

The day my colleague that had an accident resumed back to work after 4 months in hospital.
Pros
Team work
Cons
No closing time or weekends especially when their is a network issue
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American University of Nigeria. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2