American University of Nigeria

American University of Nigeria Employee Reviews

Nigeria23 reviews
Very Conducive working environment
Its an environment where things works. Friendly coworkers. There are a lot of opportunities to gather experience and grow professionally.Great colleagues, Gym access and Constantly growing.
productive
I have learned a lot because of the experience of meeting so many people and the challenges of reaching my place of work.The hardest part of my job was transportation.
A research oriented laboratory that has been in existence for a number of years now and has been an answer to some science questions that some many ask
Digital campus that enhanced Improved IT skills and improved downtime for university-wide logistics procedures.
It was a second home and fun to work there. Met new friends, conducive working environment with a good employee retention policy. the university gave me the opportunity to learn new skills and to digitize working processes thereby shortening downtime for almost all logistics related activities and processes within the university.
fun place to work
learnt how to be a professional, how to be hand working and grow.
the culture is very derives and you get to meet and work with different people from all over the world.
Pros
its a very beautiful place
A Technologically Based Institution
Its a growing University which places huge emphasis on its IT Framework to provide a utopic educational system in the region. Like all new organizations, management is still growing but I see great improvement. Work Life balance is a key requirement as well as all round learning. These opportunities are available to both staff, faculty and students alike.
Pros
A Learning Institution
Cons
Huge salary disparity
Doing their best, good place to work and the pay is good. is a developing university in Nigeria. One of the best private schools where you have the children of who is who in Nigeria.
Pros
Free housing, internet etc
Cons
workload
Good Place to work with diversity in people and culture
It is a community the gather different people from different part of the world. My department work as a team and no discrimination among us. We always solve network issue together and we always encourage ourselves on the job.

Their was a particular day one of our colleague had and accident on his way to office we all left the office to be with him at the hospital and this shows the love among us as a colleague.

Also, the management are very caring and very concern about staff welfare.

The hardest part of the job is troubleshooting of the network especially when their is an issue with an active device which need to be brought back into production with minimum downtime.

The day my colleague that had an accident resumed back to work after 4 months in hospital.
Pros
Team work
Cons
No closing time or weekends especially when their is a network issue
Excellent environment to kick-start your career but no room for expression or growth.
A typical day at work is basically holding practical sessions on photo and video production. Shoot testimonial and promotional video for the department, sometimes edit all day. One thing I learnt is to multitask because almost at all times we are made to do multiple things at the same time. The management is rigorous and very strict on staffs. The most difficult part is having to work overtime a lot of times with no pay or compensation whatsoever.
I loved the job. Video production is my passion and I'm happy to have been able to add value to the organization.
Pros
Security
Cons
Forced to work OT
I so much love the discipline in the environment.
Provided an awesome work environment with an awesome head of management. Working at AUN gave me the needed direction in life, you get to meet people from across the world
academic environment
it is an academic environment that interfaces with students and lectures and other non academic staffs. I learnt lots of teaching skills and i had to read alot to be able to interface confidently with the students.
Pros
cool working environment
Cons
health care
It was an awesome place to work at but really stressful
It was an awesome experience. I get to meet with all kinds of students from different backgrounds. My boss were really friendly but they do not tolerate lateness, incomplete task and incompetency.
Pros
Free dinner at the Dean's house occasionally
Cons
You might overwork your hours
I am productive and fun working.
Aun is a fine place to work and is fun working there. My working title is very good and the kids always been around me any time any day. As elementary .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
educating and fun
it was a learning ground towards achieving my dreams, its the foundation of my career. a good working environment for student who are studying and at the same time employed
Very Productive
The university gives their staffs and students opportunities to grow and add value to the society. My confidence in public speaking and leadership all started when became a student/staff of the university.
Pros
Free accommodation for student staff
Fun to work there
The weather can be very warm. There is significant anxiety about security in that north-eastern part of the country although the University has adequate and well equipped multi-layered security model. Security is still an issue.
work study
Planned, proposed and executed various events on campus- Events ranged from Charity events, to Fundraisers and Educative events such as Breast Cancer and HIV Awareness.Created awareness for different events hosted on and around the campus for students.Used various Computer design software’s to design and create the posters for the various events.Worked in a team to ensure all events ran smoothly and in a timely manner.
It is a good place to work
The American University of Nigeria is a development University that is at the forefront of educational innovation in Nigeria. It is a great workplace with good benefits packages for staff and a challenging and fulfilling work environment.
Pros
Health insurance, paid leave
Cons
Located in Yola
very good work environment
In Nigeria i have learned to work with a minimum of resources. we did not have everything available and part of my job was to look for resources and supplies which i made sure everybody was served with great quality products. As a good team player and leader, and with the help of my colleagues, we were able to serve the American university community with the best meals on daily basis.
I also learned to deal with different cultures then my own and have earned big respect from every body there.

the only inconvenience that made me leave my work was insecurity. The university was located in the north of the country and threats of Bocco Haram were increasing.
Productive and fun work place, place to make a difference in the lives of children, and community
A typical day at work, would involve reviewing up coming events, organising, the necessary vendors, drafting and sending invites to dignitaries and guests. Creating surveys, for pre and post events, analysing old surveys. Having team meetings etc.

I learned different management skills, how to set up various targeted events, working closely with various institutions and stakeholders. Work as a team, effectively communicate what had to be done. Effective time utilization etc.

The management was efficient and goal focused.

Co-workers were pleasant willing to learn and teach.

Dealing with extreme challenges that we were able to over come, like mobilization of resources and logistics, working with no electricity, or poor tools and equipment. The end justifies the means. As long as it all comes out successfully, I try not to focus on the the difficulties but more on what could be done better,

The joy from success. The thank you and most off all the process, The problem solving process, to get the job done, working with students staff, vendors, co-workers etc Teaching staff and people new or efficient ways of doing things etc.
productive work place
On Christmas day i have travel from Abuja to Yola by road to deliver a consignment
Pros
free medical care
Cons
long hours, some time weekend
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American University of Nigeria. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2