American University of Nigeria

American University of Nigeria Employee Reviews

Nigeria25 reviews
Professionally good and a very conducive and friendly environment where young people gt to learn new ideas and get to mingle with eperts In all aspects of professionalism
Working at American university of Nigeria was indeed a wonderful experience, where I get my first experience as working in an office filled with different people from different part of the country. It was really challenging at first trying to adapt to the official ways. But with time I picked up with the help of my Wonderful Boss and colleagues.
Pros
Collaboration, thinking outside the box, being optimistic, courageous, punctuality
Cons
High price of food at the cafeteria
Its an environment where things works. Friendly coworkers. There are a lot of opportunities to gather experience and grow professionally.Great colleagues, Gym access and Constantly growing.
I have learned a lot because of the experience of meeting so many people and the challenges of reaching my place of work.The hardest part of my job was transportation.
A research oriented laboratory that has been in existence for a number of years now and has been an answer to some science questions that some many ask
It was a second home and fun to work there. Met new friends, conducive working environment with a good employee retention policy. the university gave me the opportunity to learn new skills and to digitize working processes thereby shortening downtime for almost all logistics related activities and processes within the university.
learnt how to be a professional, how to be hand working and grow.
the culture is very derives and you get to meet and work with different people from all over the world.
Pros
its a very beautiful place
Cons
Its a growing University which places huge emphasis on its IT Framework to provide a utopic educational system in the region. Like all new organizations, management is still growing but I see great improvement. Work Life balance is a key requirement as well as all round learning. These opportunities are available to both staff, faculty and students alike.
Pros
A Learning Institution
Cons
Huge salary disparity
Doing their best, good place to work and the pay is good. is a developing university in Nigeria. One of the best private schools where you have the children of who is who in Nigeria.
Pros
Free housing, internet etc
Cons
workload
It is a community the gather different people from different part of the world. My department work as a team and no discrimination among us. We always solve network issue together and we always encourage ourselves on the job.

Their was a particular day one of our colleague had and accident on his way to office we all left the office to be with him at the hospital and this shows the love among us as a colleague.

Also, the management are very caring and very concern about staff welfare.

The hardest part of the job is troubleshooting of the network especially when their is an issue with an active device which need to be brought back into production with minimum downtime.

The day my colleague that had an accident resumed back to work after 4 months in hospital.
Pros
Team work
Cons
No closing time or weekends especially when their is a network issue
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at American University of Nigeria?
A typical day at work is basically holding practical sessions on photo and video production. Shoot testimonial and promotional video for the department, sometimes edit all day. One thing I learnt is to multitask because almost at all times we are made to do multiple things at the same time. The management is rigorous and very strict on staffs. The most difficult part is having to work overtime a lot of times with no pay or compensation whatsoever.
I loved the job. Video production is my passion and I'm happy to have been able to add value to the organization.
Pros
Security
Cons
Forced to work OT
Provided an awesome work environment with an awesome head of management. Working at AUN gave me the needed direction in life, you get to meet people from across the world
it is an academic environment that interfaces with students and lectures and other non academic staffs. I learnt lots of teaching skills and i had to read alot to be able to interface confidently with the students.
Pros
cool working environment
Cons
health care
It was an awesome experience. I get to meet with all kinds of students from different backgrounds. My boss were really friendly but they do not tolerate lateness, incomplete task and incompetency.
Pros
Free dinner at the Dean's house occasionally
Cons
You might overwork your hours
Aun is a fine place to work and is fun working there. My working title is very good and the kids always been around me any time any day. As elementary .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
it was a learning ground towards achieving my dreams, its the foundation of my career. a good working environment for student who are studying and at the same time employed
The university gives their staffs and students opportunities to grow and add value to the society. My confidence in public speaking and leadership all started when became a student/staff of the university.
Pros
Free accommodation for student staff
The weather can be very warm. There is significant anxiety about security in that north-eastern part of the country although the University has adequate and well equipped multi-layered security model. Security is still an issue.
Planned, proposed and executed various events on campus- Events ranged from Charity events, to Fundraisers and Educative events such as Breast Cancer and HIV Awareness.Created awareness for different events hosted on and around the campus for students.Used various Computer design software’s to design and create the posters for the various events.Worked in a team to ensure all events ran smoothly and in a timely manner.
The American University of Nigeria is a development University that is at the forefront of educational innovation in Nigeria. It is a great workplace with good benefits packages for staff and a challenging and fulfilling work environment.
Pros
Health insurance, paid leave
Cons
Located in Yola
In Nigeria i have learned to work with a minimum of resources. we did not have everything available and part of my job was to look for resources and supplies which i made sure everybody was served with great quality products. As a good team player and leader, and with the help of my colleagues, we were able to serve the American university community with the best meals on daily basis.
I also learned to deal with different cultures then my own and have earned big respect from every body there.

the only inconvenience that made me leave my work was insecurity. The university was located in the north of the country and threats of Bocco Haram were increasing.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American University of Nigeria. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2