Abuja Clinics Limited

Abuja Clinics Limited Employee Reviews

Nigeria6 reviews
Abuja Clinics has a very good work environment.
All Staff are dedicated and committed to their work.

I love the warmth environment and smiles of Staff when discharging their duties.

Staff are rewarded for hard work.
I have a friend that worked in Abuja clinic. The management has a very very poor management skill. The employees are not well taken care of. Even when they are sick, they are forced to work. The boss never appreciate or encourages his employees. He over work them. If u dare to miss work, get ready for reduction of salary. Weather excuse is taken or not. Even on your wedding day, ur salary will be deducted. Hmmm. Abuja clinic. This gives reason why they employ every month because people resigns every month due to the poor working conditions. I cant see the reason why these People are rating this place 5 when its supposed to be 1 or 2.
But all the same, its a place a patients can be admitted and taken care of.

But my question is: if its a very good place to work, why do they recruit every month? What happens to older staff?

Answer that question yourself.
A day at work included me getting to work, signing in asking my boss for the plan of the day so we would know what to do at at what time frame. Attend meetings, take notes if applicable. At the end of the month we focused on analysing pay rolls so that pay checks go out in time. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people but the hardest part was recruiting people because I found that the most difficult. I learned that there are so many people in the working environment and everyone needs to be considered when making decisions.
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Long hours, can be boring
Working in Abuja Clinics requires your hands on deck, Maybe because it is a healthcare based company, it requires all your attention. I was able to work in different departments hence learning more and improving in my career.

Abuja clinics is a one man owned hospital, therefore, the management is based on sole decision taken despite the other key role staff members.

The work place culture in Abuja Clinics is an international standard culture for an organisation.

The hardest part of the job is when it involves decision taken on an emergency case (payment) and its a weekend. All eyes will be on you to tell the service points what next to be done on the client.

When you successfully and satisfactorily attended to a client or you completed your shift or duty for the day feeling satisfied for attending to your customers well.
What I learned in the clinic is to reduce waste and increase productivity.the management is trying their best.the work place culture , we do thing like brothers and sisters .The most enjoyable part of the job, we rejoice with our colleagues during their birthday and we celebrate Christmas in a grand style, throwing g party and visiting g the less privileged .
The clinic runs a 24/7 service, but weekends and night duties are call duties. Depending on your duty assignments; a typical work (Monday to Friday) starts with hand-over and quick patients review for events of previous shifts (for in-patients), ward rounds and cases presentation, problems identification, and finally attending to specific cases in details (medication and lab/radiological reviews).
What I learned; teamwork, organization, interpersonal skills, problem solving, presentation (clinical and non-clinical), self motivation, resilience, compassion, leadership, hospital management.

Management; Comprises of the CEO/Chief medical director, secretary, business services manager coordinating heads of different units (medical, nurses, pharmacy, laboratory, accounts, marketing, support services, transportation, store keepers)

Co-workers; administrators, marketers, accountants, legal team, doctors (specialists, medical officers), nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists, medical laboratory scientists/technicians, hospital assistants, transporters and support staff.

Hardest part of the job; Night calls- because you take full control of the hospital- clinical and administration duties. Although you have standby support for extreme situations.

Most enjoyable part of the job; interacting with patients and other staff, problem solving, and administrative roles.
Pros
Relatively big private organization, well structured, annual leave and medical benefits, shift duties
Cons
Limited staff at night leading to multiple roles, multiple departments which hinders workflow sometimes